Just ' say cheese and pretend we're happy'



I am a very traditional person. One of my favorite traditions is taking photo's of my family!  I take the same shots of my kids on the first day of school, fall picture, christmas ect.  I make family photo books and calendars every year. The whole nine.  I sincerely enjoy capturing memories!


Of course Easter is no exception!  I began prepping my families outfits the night before.  Making sure we were all going to be somewhat color coordinated.  I woke up a little earlier Sunday morning to iron everyone's clothes.

The problem with this 'tradition' of mine, is that I am the only one who actually enjoys the photos.  This year's photo, as beautiful as it turned out, was a product of me scolding everyone saying' 'Just say cheese and pretend we're happy'!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

While the whole situation will make for good memories and a funny story to tell the grankiddos one day, it sparked a profound thought!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but in this generation I think a picture can also be worth a thousand lies!  

Take our family photo for instance.  You could look at it and come up with a thousand presumptions in your head.  'Aw they just look so Happy' 'she's so lucky her husband takes family photos with her' 'look how nicely the kids posed for the photo' 'they probably have a perfect life' ....You catch my drift!πŸ˜‘

But the reality was I had father and daughter teaming up against me not wanting to take the pics and my dear son decided he was ' America's next top model' and wanted to steal the show with his flashy poses! Lol

Just remember things aren't always as 'perfect' as they seem!  I know they certainly aren't in my lifeπŸ˜‚

The OUT TAKES

A true Family shot with blogger  Kaela from 'almost a mom series'

Seems like the only one having fun today is the baby of the family!

Look at that loving look 😍 .Nope it's more like a death stare, please babes just take the picture man!

My son thinks he's modelling for GQ toddler addition, my baby girl is not impressed!


Comments

  1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts