Frumpy Mom Syndrome

3 kiddo's, in my 30's, pastor's wife, event planner at kids school, and the list continues.
By the end of some of my days I feel like a frump. I smell like a frump, and if I am not careful I will look like Trump by the end of it.
Being a mother, wife, woman for crying out loud takes much effort. As we get older, it doesn't get any easier. Our dear old bodies don't quite look how they used to.  Even if they do look good, they may not feel the same. And we haven't even gotten started on mental exhaustion...
The point is, we can look like something the cat dragged in if we don't learn to take care of ourselves.   I recently noticed I was looking very weathered out. My skin lacked it's usual glow, my personality was wearing flat.  My energy lulled and I officially was becoming a 'frumpy mom'. Can you believe it? Lady Vee, the frumpy mom?  #oxymoronatitsfinest
Before it became something others noticed ( we tend to catch these things long before others notice) I decided to take some precautions to keep me in shape.
1) Drink more water: I keep a water bottle by my side daily. I drink the entire bottle before I go to bed and when I wake up before anything else.  Water is good for your skin, your energy, and over all health. When my H20 intake is low...chances are I start to feel pretty low.
2) Zone Pamper: I am an avid zone cleaner.  I have my entire home all zoned out and organized accordingly so my entire house gets cleaned from top to bottom more often than I get a stinking pedicure. I admit I take better care of my home and family then I do myself. No more! Each week I dedicate to a zone pamper. One week it will be my face ( exfoliating, doing masks ect) the next my feet, body, nails, hair...you get the point. I started with my feet because I spend most of my day on them and I realized the entire summer came and went and I didn't get a pedicure once. That is all going to change my friends!!
3) Werk it out: The gym has been a new addition to my life this year. Though something I forfieted for summer festivities.  But with school kicking back in, I am  hitting that gym on a regular basis again. It helped me feel more energized...and keeps that body snatched girl 
Working out is important for women because our metabolisms are slower, and we have a whole lot of hormonal junk that a good old Sprint tends to take care of :)
What ways do you prevent the frumpy mom syndrome? Always take care of yourself. No one else can or will do that for you :)
LV

Comments

Popular Posts