Check Points

Last night my hubby preached a convicting sermon on 'Laziness'.  By the end of the message I was fully convinced that I have been a lazy individual. Not always in deed but even in attitude. Wanting to cut corners, and get certain things over as fast as I can.  So I can just "chill".  He sid "Laziness is resting before your tired"  He really honed in on having excellent work ethic and letting all you do be for the glory of God.  


One of my favorite sayings is "If you aim for nothing you will hit it every time".  So I have set out to counter laziness with a Daily List.  This List wil be made at the beginning of each day of the things I need and want to do today.  I will also have bonus tasks to be completed should i finish all my daily tasks.  These tasks go beyond my daily chores and duties.
  
As for spiritual laziness I am going to begin to listen to my Bible on my ipod.  I will read with my children every morning and I am going to begin to attend morning prayer with my hubby next week and my kids.  


Paul Said in 1 Corinthians 9:27 'I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.'


Every once in a while we need to have check points and examine ourselves  Its very easy to veer of the straight and narrow road and wander on roads less travelled.  SO we need to make active stands agains our fleshly nature to keep ourselves in check!  For me I will be using a daily list & constantly hearing the word of God!  What about you?  How do you keep yourself in check?



Comments

  1. I like your list idea, I may just do that myself. I use to do a lists but stopped. Reminders are always good :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts